- Work session
Work Session (overview)
- Group into like topics : outline / themes / plugins / other?
- Buying Adobe software – how to w/out student ID card
- Posts: Angie, Brian, Charlie, Gaya, Hilary, Holly, Kirsten, Maggie, Mark, Mary, Michelle, Sharon, Tammy, Toni
- Class Circle (13 – only shared with you – you’ll need to be logged in to G+ to see the share): post is missing g+ profile link:
Angie, Mark, Mary— no post, Hilary, Kirsten, Toni
- Reminder: circles are not reciprocal! Communities are like Facebook groups (or mailing lists with pictures).
- Be sure to upload an image – of you, not an avatar
- NOTE: I was going to introduce Tumblr tonight – but I’m striking it as a requirement. Mary’s already been there, however. So is Charlie. (x-credit)
- We started off the quarter setting up accounts at WordPress.com — why would we do this?
- Creating content: what makes a good blog post headline?
- Creating content: how can we use Flickr?
- Promoting content: how can we use Google+? Why do we need a Google+ profile?
- What is the difference between a hosting company and a domain registrar?
- WordPress: what is a theme?
- WordPress: what is a plugin?
- Read Mark’s project — think about his opening paragraph in the context of click generation
- Jet Pack configuration (if needed)
Due at end of class: site outline – NOTE – there are currently no documents turned in (5:15 pm) (upload to Catalyst)