- Work session
- See Anatomy of a Blog Post (best practices)
- ebook exercise: author-services companies
Assignments for tonight
- Andie: Example: BYOB – Social Media Scene –
- Cassie: Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest – oh my!
- Jessica: promoting Heart Swell
- Marivic: what’s the plan, Stan?
- Virginia: do these follow the rule of thirds?
- Andie: To POD or not to POD – Self Publish On Demand With Espresso
- Cassie: Wanted: Book Smell
- Jessica: Third Place Books POD
- Marivic: Is POD an option?
- Virginia: Different faces of POD
- Hootsuite and Bufferly
- Images on iPhone distorted (check theme)
- Backup Plugin : UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore
- Getting rid of featured image at the top of blog posts (I can do this)
- New host for me: SiteGround.com
ebook exercise: author-services companies (ppt)
Assignments for next week
- Project: Everyone’s project site needs to have content publicly accessible by next week & it should be called out (“kegill.com”) and linked from our assignments page
- Reading before next Wednesday:
- Published author chooses to self-publish – fiction
- Published author chooses to self-publish – nonfiction (this is Scott – just take a look-see)
- Extra Credit: make a post here (this course blog) that you can repurpose (copy & paste) for your project site; select the category “project” for your post.