- Guest speaker, Gaya Bashi
- ePub for blogs
- Work Session
ePub for blogs
- Approving comments
- Removing the ‘/wp’ directory from your URL
- Turning off featured image on post (tell me who needs this – I’ll edit the php)
- Setting up email addresses with your new domain (BlueHost / DreamHost)
- Accessing those email addresses (client config – BlueHost / DreamHost)
- Scheduling tools / editorial calendar?
- Virginia’s heading hierarchy (css) : theme Duster
- Peer review in pairs
- What you want to cover next week (questions)
Go to Settings > Discussion
If you have comments moderated, you need to regularly monitor the email associated with your WP account. Adjust those settings here.
To moderate comments:
- Click on the “Comments” section in your Dashboard left navigation
- Click on “Pending,” to see all the comments that are awaiting moderation
- Individual action: hover over the comment with your cursor; you will see options to approve, disapprove, mark as spam, or trash the comment. Select the appropriate action.
- Bulk action: Click the box to the left of the comments that you’ll treat alike. Click on the “Bulk Actions” drop down menu above the list of comments; choose to approve, disapprove or delete (trash) all of the selected comments.
- Warning: If you mark something as spam, subsequent comments from the same email will be marked as spam.
- Go to Settings > General
- The “Home” setting is the address you want people to type in their browser to reach your WordPress blog.
- The “Site URL” setting is the address where your WordPress core files reside.
Assignment for next week
- Project: Presentation – show us your site / tell us what you plan to do next / what would you do differently if you could start over right now. How are you integrating social media? Your content plan? Everyone’s project site needs to have content publicly accessible & it should be called out (“kegill.com”) and linked from our assignments page.